Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rachel's baptism

I have so much to post about that I have been putting off posting. It seems daunting to post about everything that has happened in the last month and a half. So I am finally starting - and I will start with the most important event.


On June 6th, Rachel was baptized. It was an amazing event and wonderful for all of us who were there. Rachel made invitations for several people. She did not have tons of people respond to her invitations, but the ones who did were very special to her.


Rachel with Makenzie and Katelyn (Abi came too, but left without being in a picture)



Rachel with her primary teachers


Rachel with Grandma and Grandpa Griffith, her family, and Grandma and Grandpa Tolman

There were wonderful talks by both Grandpas, the primary president and the Bishop. Robert, the kids and I sang "I Love to See the Temple." I don't know how it sounded, but it was wonderful to sing together. Rachel looked so beautiful and sweet as she was getting baptized. She walked down into the water, and despite missing a step and almost falling and the water being cold, she was still beaming. I loved being able to help her get dressed and comb her hair to get ready for the rest of the meeting.

Of course, Josh and Emilee had to add their special touch to the baptism. Rachel's was the last baptism, so Robert pulled the plug. Josh made a joke about it being like a bathtub and Josh and Emilee started laughing. I tried to shush them, but then just let it be.

Rachel's confirmation blessing was special too. I don't remember the words, but I remember feeling the spirit strongly and feeling so happy for my little girl. There was a bit of exasperation because my other little girl was trying to push her way into the circle. But since she wasn't being loud, I decided to let it go and enjoy the moment.

It was a wonderful day for me, and I hope for everyone else that participated. I am so grateful to my parents and Robert's parents for being here with us. Rachel is a girl who needs people and needs to give and receive love. So I know it meant the world to Rachel to have so many who love her share her special day. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and such an amazing (not so little anymore) girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment