Night time has been interesting lately. Sarah has been waking up 2 or 3 times a night and Emilee has been beggging to sleep in our room and then at some point in the middle of the night trying to climb into our bed. It has left me quite tired and often a bit sore in the morning as I try to find some way to be comfortable with two little girls in my bed.
Last night Emilee once again begged to sleep in our room. I told her yes, but on one condition. She was not allowed to ask to sleep in our bed in the middle of the night. She agreed.
So, sometime in the middle of the night Emilee woke up and was whining. She said she wanted to sleep in a bed. I suggested one of the bunkbeds, since there were at least 3 empty beds available. "No, I don't want to sleep in my room or Matthew's room."
"Then you can sleep on the floor."
"No, I want to sleep in a bed like this one."
"What?"
She points to my bed again and repeats that she wants to sleep in a bed like mine.
I told her no, and she cried for quite a while.
I guess technically, she stuck to her end of the deal. She didn't ask to sleep with me, but I wonder how long she spent finding the loophole in the arrangement.
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
That girl is brilliant, like evil-brilliant. :D
ReplyDelete