I know pictures are more fun than stories and I do plan to upload some pictures soon, but here's a list of what happened this morning between 7:30 and 9:30.
7:30 - Robert wakes up, feeling strangely refreshed and realizes that he forgot to set his alarm clock. (He usually wakes up between 5:45 and 6:00)
7:32 - Robert wakes up Matthew, who usually leaves for school at 7:40
7:35 - I take Sarah downstairs and give her some cereal
7:45 - I drive Matthew to school in my pjs and bathrobe
8:05 - I get home and say goodbye to Robert as he is getting ready to drive to the park and ride
8:08 - Robert comes in and asks me to drive him to the park and ride because his car won't start
8:09 - I grab shoes, tell Rachel she is in charge until I get back, and load Sarah in the car
8:09-8:22 - I catch every single red light between my house and the park and ride
8:22 - Robert calls Rachel and tells her I will be gone longer than I thought and that she can walk to school for choir if she doesn't want to be late
8:23 - we pull in to the park and ride, watch the bus pull out, and race it to its next stop
8:29 - We win and Robert is on his way to work
8:42 - I walk in the house to a crying Rachel who apparently gets very scared when left alone for more than 5 minutes. (I probably should have known that, but didn't)
8:43 - I drive Rachel to school for choir, which started at 8:30
8:48 - I sit down for breakfast
8:58 - I drive Josh to school, still in pjs and bathrobe
9:08 - I remind Emilee that Sarah has a Dr. appointment and she needs to get dressed immediately
9:08-9:18 - I get dressed, get Sarah dressed and get everything we need for her appointment
9:19 - I go downstairs to find Emilee on the couch still in her nightgown
9:20 - I grab shoes, socks, and clothes for Emilee and contemplate how fun it will be to drag her kicking and screaming into the car.
9:21 - We're in the car on the way to the doctor - thankfully no kicking and screaming, just some distressed crying over the tv show that she didn't get to fininsh watching and the fact that someone might see her in her nightgown
9:35 - We get to the doctor's office, where miraculously, there is no line - this is especially great because we were supposed to be there at 9:30
And here I am at 12:50, having done nothing else, because the first 2 hours of the day wore me out.
One last note - I'm very grateful my children are self-sufficient. I don't know what I would have done if I had to pack lunches, or do anything else to help Matthew, Rachel, and Josh get ready for school.
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
Those kind of mornings happen over here way too frequently. And I hope you didn't do anything for the rest of that day. You did as much in the first 2 hours to make up for the rest of it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your Christmas card. It is so fun to see how much everyone is growing up.
Crazy morning! I'd be doing nothing at 12:40 too, maybe I'd even still be in the pj's and robe. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a Mom! :)
ReplyDeletePictures are fun, but I'm a story gal! Keep 'em coming, Ang. :)
ReplyDelete