This morning I had a great idea. Emilee, Sarah and I had all finished breakfast at least 20 minutes before Rachel and Josh had to leave for school. So I asked Emilee if she wanted to walk with them to school. She responded enthusiastically in the affirmative.
So she got dressed, I took care of Sarah and we walked to school. She had a great time with all the neighborhood kids and we all got some exercise.
Then I had another great idea. We were completely ready for preschool with plenty of time to spare and preschool was at a house within walking or bike-riding distance. So I asked Emilee if she wanted to ride to preschool. Once again, and enthusiastic yes!
She got her backpack, her bike, and her helmet. I attached the trailer to the back of my bike and strapped Sarah in. We took off and had a fun little ride to preschool. Emilee had fun and I was proud of her for riding the whole way and crossing all the streets safely.
Then, as Sarah and I were riding home, I had what seemed like another great idea, but turned into one of the worst ideas I have had in quite a long time. I thought, I'm already on my bike and Sarah is happy. I should go for a little bike ride and get some exercise.
So I took off and decided to do a loop to get back to our house. 2 1/2 miles of hills later, my legs felt like jello and I felt like I was going to die. I know it is physically impossible, but I swear I climbed twice as high as I came down those hills. And now I am looking at a day of climbing up and down my stairs as I do a week's worth of laundry (at least 9 loads). I hope I don't collapse on the way up.
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
I have those kind of "brilliant ideas" all the time. I'm glad you made it through yours! :)
ReplyDelete