Thursday, March 22, 2012

This time Rachel got to be first

Ever since Rachel was a baby, she has been trying to catch up with her older brother.  She has wanted to do everything he does, and has often been upset with us when she doesn't get treated exactly the same.  It's not much of an issue anymore, but I think she was a little bit happy to think that she would get to do something before her big brother.  Of course, that was before she actually experienced it.

6 months ago, Rachel got braces.  She was quite excited about it before the big day.

After living with them for a few days, she wasn't nearly as excited.

Today, Matthew had his turn and got braces on.  He had seen Rachel and heard her complain every now and then, so he wasn't excited at all.

At dinner tonight, Matthew said he wanted to get his braces off.  Not for another 2 years buddy.  Unless you want to pay us back.  But that is a lot of allowance :)


PS - I asked both of the kids what they wanted to eat before braces.  Both of them wanted popcorn.  Rachel wanted some candy, and various other sticky things.  Matthew wanted corn on the cob.  I splurged for both of them and got what they wanted.  I hope someday they remember, because it was almost painful to pay $5.48 for 4 puny ears of corn.

1 comment:

  1. I remember thinking that braces were just NOT worth it! Two years of my life with a metal mouth, pulease! I'm so glad moms have more of an long term perspective that teens/preteens!

    ReplyDelete