Almost a month ago, we had a really special day in our family. Josh turned 12 and was given the Aaronic priesthood. It ended up being special in a way I hadn't anticipated. Before church, Robert looked up the protocol in the handbook and confirmed that a priest is able to participate in this ordinance. So after church, the whole family met in the bishop's office while Robert, Matthew, our bishop, and Josh's deacons quorum advisor laid their hands on Josh's head to confer on him the priesthood and ordain him to the office of deacon. It was the first time Matthew had an opportunity to lay his hands on someone's head and use his priesthood that way. We could feel the spirit, but I know that wasn't the only reason I wanted to cry. I am so proud of my boys. They have developed a close relationship over the last year that made this experience even more precious to me.
A week later, Josh was able to pass the sacrament. Matthew was on the other side of the table preparing and blessing the sacrament. My heart soared as I saw my two boys together performing a priesthood service. And it was even sweeter when I looked up and saw a subtle gesture from Matthew helping Josh to do it right.
It's hard to believe Josh is 12. He's grown up so fast. It's easy for me to focus on the older kids and the younger ones and quiet, reliable Josh gets lost in the shuffle. But he's growing into an amazing young man, full of silliness and faithfulness. In his alternately goofy and quiet ways, he helps hold this crazy family together. I'm a lucky mom.
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment