So I tried to post this story several times, but it just didn't work. I hinted to it in my last post, so I guess I need to finally post it.
About 3 weeks ago, I was making my lunch. Usually, Emilee demands that I go and make my lunch at night, so that she can snitch some cheese. So after telling me to go make my lunch me and Emilee head to the kitchen. At first she wants to help by getting my lunch box, but unfortunately the lunch box was not in my work bag so she was a little sad, but quickly recovered. I was in the middle of making my sandwich when Emilee all of a sudden announces, "I will get you some chips!" Which sounds great, unless you know that we keep our lunch chips on top of the refrigerator. Well, she calmly walks over to the refrigerator and starts jumping. She is determined to get some chips! It is so cute, as she jumps and then sort of grunts trying to get higher and higher, only to not get very much air. I honestly think she might still be jumping to get the chips right now if I wouldn't have reached up and got the box down for her. I put the chips on the table so she could pick out some chips for my lunch.
She is so cute and probably one of the most helpful children we have. Every time either I or Angie yell, "Do this" or "Do that", the first person to respond is Emilee, "I do it!" It is wonderful, hopefully, it will last for a long time - see prior post about picking up toys from Angie. Even when it may be things she can't do, Emilee is willing to do it, and many times she will figure a way to get it done.
Just as a postscript - we are only 2 weeks away from baby due date - in fact I am predicting 2 weeks from tomorrow (Thursday) as the baby delivery date. That will be perfect as Angie's mom arrives the day before, and that will give me a nice 4 day weekend to help with the family before going back to work on Monday and then taking a week off after Angie's mom goes back to AZ.
Robert
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
Love it! I 100% agree that Emilee is so helpful. SHe was very good to show me which garbage each item goes in and then help put everything in its place. I cannot argue with the helpfulness and also the determination sweet, cute little Emilee has! And she is pretty wise to get that yummy cheese...
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Good luck in the next two weeks! I wish we were that close.
ReplyDelete