Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Arrow of Light

At the May pack meeting, Matthew received his Arrow of Light award. He worked hard and learned a lot during his 3 years in Cub Scouts. I can't believe he is ready to move on to Boy Scouts. He is growing up so fast.

As we were driving home one day, Robert mentioned an upcoming scout campout and asked if Matthew would need his own tent, or if he could share with one of the other boys. Somehow that simple question brought so much of what is to come into focus for me. What?!? Matthew and another 11 year old boy, alone in a tent in the woods - along with all the crazy ideas boys come up with. Scary! And it's only the beginning.

(As it turns out, the campout went just fine. Matthew shared a tent with another boy. As far as I know, nothing too crazy happened on the campout. And if it did, I prefer blissful ignorance to knowing about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment