Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home

I love living in Washington. I feel quite at home here. But on days like today, my heart pulls me toward a different home. On days like today, my heart longs to be in Arizona with my family, where I can go see my little sister and give her a big hug and tell her I'm sorry and cry with her (even though I know she's tough and might not cry). I miss the fun times with family, but it's when the big events come along and the sad times that I really wish I could be there.

3 comments:

  1. PS - In case you're wondering what happened, I just found out that my sister's dog - the one she got as a puppy, the one who has been with her through thick and thin for 10 years - was poisoned by some unfeeling stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrible. I'm glad you posted that because I was wondering, and might have kept on wondering for days and days, about what had happened. I'm sorry for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who does something like that? That is horrible! I am sorry for you're sister. Whenever something bad has happened (and good in many cases), I really wish we lived closer to family too.

    ReplyDelete