During this year, Easter was at the end of March. When I saw this on the calendar, I had an idea. I decided I wanted to have an Easter season, just like we have a Christmas season. Luckily, I was positioned to make it happen. At church, I was the ward music chairperson. My main responsibility in the calling was to choose sacrament meeting music. So, for the entire month of March, we sang Easter songs. Since there are only 4 of them, I included songs that were focused on the Atonement of Christ to fill out the space. Also, I made sure there was an Easter themed musical number every Sunday. I don't know if anyone else noticed or cared, but to me it was wonderful.
I also made an Easter season at home. During December, we read a Christmas story every night. So during Easter, we read the story of one of Christ's miracles from the scriptures every night in March. I tried to read all the gospels during March as well, but I failed miserably at that attempt.
I loved having an Easter season and will hopefully remember to do it at home in the future. (I forgot during most of 2014. I think we read about a few miracles during the week before Easter)
Interpretive Connection
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment